deafscotland’s Walking Project -“Communication to Walk” – funded by Paths For All has been completed.
The outcomes for the project were:
- To promote understanding of the barriers to walking for people with hearing loss.
- To address the barriers to walking.
- To persuade and encourage people to take up walking for physical and mental health
- To mainstream solutions to the barriers that deafness causes, in the design and delivery of current services, which promote walking in all parts of Scotland.
The project produced information on video:
- Step It Up! 7 Tips to get you walking! – https://youtu.be/kKCanXY65Mo
- Walking and Talking Tips – https://youtu.be/-UCpOLq-KtY
- Social Communication Tips –https://youtu.be/C-si4P6Cty0
A report on the project was produced with includes the baseline data on how deaf people walked for exercise before and during the Covid-19 pandemic – see appendix 1.